Become a Mentor
Recruitment is always open
UC Merced's Police Mentor Program is looking for highly motivated, responsible and compassionate UC Merced students to make a positive difference in the lives of at-risk fourth graders.
Submit Your Application
- Print and fill out the Mentor Program Application.
- Print photo copies of your ID (Driver License, Cat Card, etc.).
- Submit the completed application to the Police Department front desk located at the back of campus near the Transportation & Parking Services office (TAPS).
- You will receive a telephone call shortly after you submit your application to schedule an informal 20 minute interview and discuss your interest in becoming a mentor. A thorough background check will be completed to ensure your eligibility.
- Once approved, you will be assigned to Alicia Reyes or Margaret Sheehy elementary school in Merced.